The concept of a sales funnel has been in existence even before the internet was born. However, the concept has tremendously grown in popularity when it was introduced into the world of online marketing. Now, it has become one of the most talked-about concepts in the industry. It doesn’t matter what field or niche you are into or whether you are offering a product or a service, the sales funnel remains to be relevant. Although it’s commonly used for network marketing businesses, the concept can also be applied to other forms of online marketing like affiliate marketing, direct selling, retail and freelancing.
It can be a bit difficult to understand what a sales funnel is if you are a beginner in the industry. To put it simply, a sales funnel, as the term implies, is the funnel or pipeline through which you make your customers pass through. As your customers go down this funnel, some stop along the way while others continue to the end of the funnel. The customers who make it to the end of the funnel are your most valuable customers. The number of these remaining customers divided by the total number who entered the funnel equals your conversion rate. This is how the concept of a funnel works. In every level of the funnel, there is usually a specific product that caters to the customers who make it to that level. This means that as the customers go down the funnel, they’ll receive a different offer.
Here are a few tips on optimizing your sales funnel:
– See to it that the people who enter your funnel are as targeted as possible. The more targeted these people are, the higher your conversion rates will be. There are so many ways on how to drive traffic to your funnels. These ways involve the most basic internet marketing techniques like search engine optimization, article marketing, email marketing, social media marketing and online advertising. As long as you have the time to do all of these, then you should utilize all of them. If you are time-strapped, it’s best that you test them all then just stick to the few tactics that bring you positive results.
– Give utmost importance to the quality of the products and services that you offer in your funnel. From the beginning of the funnel up to the end, your offers should be valuable to your customers.
– Always keep in contact with your customers. If you’ve provided valuable products for your customers before, they will likely buy from you again if you offer something else. This is why it’s important that you keep in touch with your previous and current customers and update them with your latest offerings. One way to do this is to have your customers sign up with your mailing list before they get to enter your sales funnel. Once they are in your mailing list, it won’t be that hard to contact and communicate with them.
These are some of the more important things that you need to understand about working with a sales funnel.
- Digital marketing strategy
- Landing page
- Social media
- WordPress web development