I get asked this all the time…how come my site isn’t on the first page of Google? Well, even though I did my part and designed a professional looking website, optimized the pages with the right keywords and phrases in the tags; if you do not have a lot of quality inbound links coming to your site, it will be really difficult to get in the top spot.
What do I mean by quality inbound links? Google interprets a link going to your website as a vote. The more votes you have, the higher your page rank will be and this increases the chances of your site being on the first page of Google for your key phrase.
How can you get more inbound links to your website?
– Submit your site to relevant directories, and lots of them. If you are an intuitive healer, then do a search for holistic or alternative directories and hand submit your site to them. These directories can include the free ones as well as the paid ones.
– When submitting your site to these directories, make sure your key phrase is included in the title of the site, if they ask for it. For example, I make sure my link say “Holistic Web and Graphic Design by Third Eye Studio”, or “Third Eye Studio Healing Arts Web and Graphic Design”, and other versions. Vary the phrase a bit. This will really make a difference in getting you more votes for page rank.
– Exchange links with complimentary websites to yours, and of course, make sure your key phrase is in the link you submit.
– Other ways of promotion are social networking websites like MySpace and Facebook, Meetup.com, blogging and making sure your website link is included in the posts and/or on the sidebar links. Video and Audio podcasts, YouTube…etc.
- Digital marketing strategy
- Landing page
- Social media
- Wordpress web development