Computer software is usually high on the list of requirements, similar to the need for chairs, desks and filing cabinets for new businesses. There are very few, if any, businesses that can afford to not have some level of IT infrastructure. “What did we do before email?”
There are many software packages available to cater for almost every business need, from industry standard word processing and email packages, to business card creation and accounting software that can simplify and speed up the most daunting of tasks. However, the ‘standard’ set of software can often miss one of the most important packages available, the one that helps you keep track of one of, if not the biggest factor that will make or break your business. That factor is the customer, and the software is Customer Relationship Management Software, or as it is also known, CRM Software.
CRM software does what it says on the tin, it helps businesses manage the relationships they have with their customers. Sounds simple? It can be if all of your customers are exactly the same, require the same amount of assistance or guidance; buy exactly the same products or services from you and are always happy to be contacted when it suits you. Not likely to happen. That is why the sheer logistics of managing customers can be difficult and time-consuming.
CRM software can help businesses by providing a framework for the business to work around and aid the management of leads and sales in order to improve customer relations. This in turn leads to increased revenue, a higher level of customer retention and a greater number of sales.
Many organisations benefit from CRM software, and in a nutshell the main benefits can be summarised as follows:
- New Sales Opportunities – Build detailed profiles of your customers and prospects. Spend your time focusing on sales strategies and how to respond to the buying needs of your top customers while the CRM system automates routine selling tasks.
- Achieve a Higher Level of Customer Service – Have up to date customer information readily available and at the finger tips of all employees, as well as the ability to resolve any customer queries quickly and efficiently. This leads to a happy customer and increases the chance of repeat business.
- Better Planning and Decision Making – View customer behaviour from sales to marketing activity in one view. Generate reports instantly and have readily available data that can constitute part of any strategic planning or decision making at a customer level.
- Maximise Efficiency – Automate work-flow processes and gain access to customer information quickly and easily, reduce customer frustration and have more time available to cater for their needs.
There are many CRM solutions available and each has their own particular strengths and weaknesses. It can be important to ensure that the solution chosen fits with the requirements of the business and there are professional CRM providers who can offer valuable advice and guidance with such decisions.
- Digital marketing strategy
- Landing page
- Social media
- WordPress web development